• at March 15, 2018

A couple of my nephews and nieces are gonna be celebrating their birthdays next month. I used to get them clothes or toys, but this year I thought books would be a good birthday present for a change. Does anybody have book recs for kids?

• at March 15, 2018

It depends. Exactly how old are they? I might have a few books in mind depending on their age range.

• at March 15, 2018

They’re all very close in age. Youngest is 7. Oldest is 10 and a half.

• at March 15, 2018

You should go with the timeless classics! Charlotte’s Web, The Secret Garden, James and the Giant Peach, just to name a few.

• at March 15, 2018

Harry Potter all the way. You can’t go wrong with this choice. I haven’t met a single child who doesn’t love this damn series.

• at March 15, 2018

Funny enough, my son HATES Harry Potter. Can’t stand it. I couldn’t even get him to sit through the first movie before we had to stop the film and do something else.

• at March 15, 2018

Your son hates Harry Potter? GASP.

Is his name Draco Malfoy by any chance?

• at March 15, 2018

ROFL. My son is six, so he’s probably still too young to appreciate wizards and witches. I’ll introduce the books to him again when he’s a little older and I’ll make him love it!

• at March 16, 2018

When it comes to books, anything by Roald Dahl is a good bet. Charlie and the Chocolate would be on the top of my list, unless your nephews and nieces have read it already.

• at March 16, 2018

You should check out this list, Ollie! They have some great books for 7 to 10 year olds. My kids have read all the books on the list and they loved every single one!

• at March 16, 2018

Thanks for the great suggestions, everyone! I’m gonna go with Harry Potter and get them started early on the HP craze!