• at August 26, 2018

My husband’s birthday is coming up, and he told me he would like a pizza oven… Now, I love pizza as much as anyone else, but I know nothing about pizza ovens! I don’t want to ask him precisely which type of pizza oven he wants, you know, because I’d like it to be a surprise… I’m pretending it’s too expensive and I won’t buy him one, so when he gets his present he’ll be surprised alright!

Does anyone here own a pizza oven? Are there different types and models, and if so, which one is the best? Also, how much of a difference does it make, I mean, compared to pizza baked in a normal oven?

• at August 26, 2018

I don’t own a pizza oven but I wish I did!

Is your husband making his own pizzas, or does he want to cook frozen store bought pizzas in his pizza oven?

• at August 26, 2018

He’s an awesome cook, he does most of the cooking at home, so yes, he makes delicious pizzas! They’re already great when baked in our oven, but he claims a pizza oven would make them even better…

• at August 26, 2018

Well I know that there are indoor pizza ovens, and outdoor pizza ovens. Of course, there are different models of each. Outdoor pizza ovens can come with carts so you can move them around, it can be pretty convenient. Or you can get one that you can put directly on an outdoor kitchen counter top.

A pizza oven is a big investment, but it’s worth it, especially since you can bake more than just pizzas in it!

• at August 26, 2018

I do have an outdoor pizza oven! It’s a Forno Venetzia oven, it looks great and it’s very efficient. We use it even in the winter, and let me tell you that gathering around the warm pizza oven when it’s cold outside feels great!

I do feel like there’s a difference in the taste of the pizzas we cook in it. First, they cook a lot faster than in a kitchen oven, it only takes a few minutes! Then, they acquire some amazing smokey taste that you could never get in a kitchen oven…

Your husband will be delighted by this birthday gift, and so will you!

• at August 26, 2018

Well, that sounds great! And yes, an outdoor pizza oven is definitely what my husband wants, one with a cart. I don’t know if he’ll want to use it even during the winter, but we’ll see…

What other things can you cook in a pizza oven? Or can you use it like a normal oven and just cook anything you want in it?

• at August 26, 2018

Yes, you can cook pretty much anything you want in it, just keep in mind that it will be cooked much faster than in a kitchen oven because pizza ovens produce a lot of heat.

Apart from pizzas, I use mine for bread and pies. There are people who use their outdoor pizza oven instead of their BBQ, so yeah, you can cook meat and potatoes and all that good stuff in it!

• at August 26, 2018

In my opinion, everything tastes better when it’s baked in a pizza oven. It’s simply marvelous!

• at August 26, 2018

Well, you all convinced me that my husband definitely needs a pizza oven. I need a pizza oven too, so that he can cook perfect meals in it! Thank you for your answers!

• at August 26, 2018

I’m sure you won’t regret buying it for him. It’s even better if he doesn’t expect it, he’ll have a great birthday surprise for sure!