• at October 26, 2018

A friend of mine suggested that I start taking probiotics. I never have and in general, I feel pretty OK. I do get some bloating occasionally, but doesn’t everyone?

My question is whether I will actually benefit from taking probiotics. Or is this just a lot of hot air?

• at October 26, 2018

Don’t knock it till you try it. It isn’t hot air, I can assure you. The next time you go to see your family doctor, talk to him or her about it. I guarantee you that they will not dissuade you from taking it.

In your case, since you say you are in pretty decent shape, perhaps you may not feel the difference. I suppose it is one of those things that works quietly in the background.

However, for others such as myself, I did have issues and I can tell you that it made a big difference. I found out about Absorb Biotics and ordered from them. I was a little hesitant but decided to give it a chance. It really helped me so much that I feel better in many ways.

I had bloating and other digestive issues. I used to feel pretty miserable sometimes. It used to make me feel pretty angry too. Everything improved and because of that, I don’t feel so moody anymore.

• at October 26, 2018

Would you recommend it?

• at October 26, 2018

Recommend absolutely. I mean, I guess it’s entirely up to you. I suggest you try to find out more, or perhaps just try it and see what happens. Give it a chance. I did. I’m so glad I stuck with it.

• at October 26, 2018

You know you have bacteria in your gut, right? Taking probiotics can help you to balance your good bacteria. The bad bacteria can make you sick and cause problems. Probiotics can keep a good balance and provide other benefits.

If you don’t take yogurt, you should. Next time, you get a tub of yogurt, check out the ingredients. It will say something like ‘live culture’ or ‘active bacterial culture’. This is the good bacteria. That’s why taking yogurt daily is also good.

• at October 26, 2018

I’ve seen that. I do take yogurt but not every day.

• at October 26, 2018

Before you take any probiotics, I would suggest you see your doctor first. Another person here mentioned something they take. Check it out and print it or write down the ingredients and then speak to your doctor. Take the information with you.

Probiotics can give your immune health a boost. It is important that it is absorbed in the small intestines. I read that not all probiotics are like that. Some may lose a bit of efficacy.

Some are also easier on you. That’s why, speak to your doctor. If you are going to take something, make sure it is a good product. Even if it is expensive, it will be worth it. I take good probiotics too and I don’t get cramps any more. Some foods I love used to give me problems. Now I can eat it and truly enjoy it.