• April 15, 2018 at 12:53 pm

Any former smokers here on OUF? Your boy here wants to kick the habit once and for all, but I lack the motivation and can’t seem to stay away from a cigarette for more than 24 hours. Any success stories out there? What are your tips and tricks?

• April 16, 2018 at 6:11 am

I did it out of love.

My wife flat out told me that she would never marry me unless I stopped smoking after our marriage. She actually turned down my first proposal just for this reason alone. I didn’t think I had the willpower to quit cigarettes either, but luckily my love for her propelled me to stop smoking. We’ve been married for ten years and I haven’t touched a cigarette once. How’s that for a success story?

• April 16, 2018 at 1:09 pm

Nicotine patches are your friend. They did wonders for me. Took away that initial urge. Afterwards, I just turned to lots and lots of exercise to consume my time. I became addicted to fitness rather than cigarettes, which is a pretty good trade-off if you ask me.

• April 16, 2018 at 9:46 pm

I’m on the same boat. I haven’t been able to quit just yet, but I did stop smoking cigarettes and became a full-time vaper instead. I feel like I’m already halfway there just by switching from cigarettes to vaporizers.

• April 17, 2018 at 1:18 pm

Smoking is bad for you and everyone around you. Your health alone should be the motivation. Do you need any other reason to quit?

• April 17, 2018 at 2:59 pm

Thanks for stating the obvious, Eliza. I can feel your judgment oozing from my computer screen.

• April 17, 2018 at 9:36 pm

If it’s so obvious, why haven’t you stopped yet?

Look, you might not like what I have to say, but deep down you know it’s true. The fact that you have to turn to an online message board to find the motivation to quit speaks volumes. It shows me exactly how little motivation you actually have. You are all words and no action. I’m glad you sensed my judgment because I AM judging you. Maybe my judgment can give you the motivation to finally quit smoking.

• April 18, 2018 at 10:30 am

If it’s so obvious, why haven’t you stopped yet?

Look, you might not like what I have to say, but deep down you know it’s true. The fact that you have to turn to an online message board to find the motivation to quit speaks volumes. It shows me exactly how little motivation you actually have. You are all words and no action. I’m glad you sensed my judgment because I AM judging you. Maybe my judgment can give you the motivation to finally quit smoking.