• at February 12, 2019

Our little one is 3 years old, and I have recently decided to go back to work… I’m excited about new opportunities, but that also means I won’t be home all day to take care of my daughter anymore.

We decided we would put her into childcare, because it would probably be better for her than to hire a babysitter. But even though I know it’s the best decision, I know I’ll be feeling guilty when the time comes to bring her there for the first time! I mean, what if she cries all day long? What if she feels miserable over there? What if I feel miserable, knowing that she’s spending her day into child care instead of being home with her mommy?

I’d like to hear from other parents who have put their precious little ones into child care… How did you feel? Was it hard to get adjusted to this new routine? Did your kids enjoy child care?

• at February 12, 2019

Aw, I understand that you’re worried, but I’m sure everything will be fine! She won’t be the first little girl to be put into child care, and she won’t be the last!

I’m sure you took the time to find a great child care provider or centre, right? Then if you get worried, just tell yourself that your daughter will be in good hands, and that she’ll have fun, and make a lot of new friends!

• at February 12, 2019

Trust me, it’s not easy at first… But after a few days, you get used to it, and then you just enjoy it, and congratulate yourself for taking that decision!

And when you see your child’s smile after a day spent in child care, and you hear about the games they’ve played and the fun things they’ve learnt, you smile too!

Will you be sending you daughter into home-based child care, or in a child care center?

• at February 12, 2019

I’m sure both of you are right, and things will be fine. But I can’t help but feel a bit worried for now!

We got in touch with Wee Watch, so we’ll be sending her into home-based child care. It’s close to where I’ll be working, so it’ll be easy for me to pick her up right after work.

• at February 12, 2019

That’s nice! I heard a lot of great things about Wee Watch.

• at February 12, 2019

I’m not ready to put my son into child care yet, but when the time comes I think I’ll just tell myself that this will be a good thing for him. He’ll be getting used to interacting with other adults, and with kids his age, and that will help him get ready for his first year of school!

Keep in mind that putting your daughter into child care is not only a question of convenience for you. It will allow you to focus on your work, but it will bring her many benefits. She won’t stay home forever, she’ll have to go to school someday, and I think starting with child care is a good thing.

• at February 12, 2019

Yeah, you’re right. I’m just a worried mommy, but I think you’re right in saying it’ll be a good first step before going to school.

• at February 12, 2019

When I sent my twins into a daycare centre, it was very hard for me at first… For the first week maybe, I felt like the house was so empty, and I was worried about them not liking the centre and not making any friends.

But it turned out they were both having a great time! So it helped me get over it, you know!