• at August 21, 2018

My small business is going well, although perhaps not as well as I was expecting, and now I’m wondering if there is something more I could do, like learn new skills, get in touch with people who can advise me, or hire the right people.

I was wondering if any of you know anything about PR agencies. What are their main purposes? I’m trying to figure out if it would be wise for me to hire one.

Thank you in advance.

• at August 21, 2018

Hi! I think the purpose of PR agencies is mostly to help businesses build their brand, which means, find the right logo and slogan, and figure out how to interact with their ideal customers. If you think you already have a strong brand, then maybe a PR agency isn’t for you.

Athough they do other things of course, I think they can help with marketing, and with spreading the word about your new products or services.

• at August 21, 2018

PR agencies are good to have on your side when your business is facing a crisis… If you’re struggling with some bad publicity, no matter the reason, PR professionals will help you send out the right message at the right moment, so the public opinion of your business doesn’t become too negative.

I think they can also do some market research for you, and help you plan a product launch or a special event, so that can be convenient if you are thinking about expanding your business.

I hope that helps!

• at August 21, 2018

Thank you. I think my brand is good, but I could use some help to market my products and to reach out to new customers.

• at August 21, 2018

My friend used to work for Broad Reach Communications, and he loved his job. Public Relations firms are all about improving your marketing operations, strengthening your brand, and helping you share your story.

Of course, they are there for you when something goes wrong, because they offer crisis management services to help you resolve any kind of unpleasant situation you could find yourself in.

You mentioned that your business was not going as well as you expected, so maybe a PR firm could help you find new ways to reach out to your customers and to attract new ones. I think it’s worth a try.

• at August 21, 2018

I think hiring a PR agency is not for everyone, and if you do choose to hire one, you have to make sure you’re hiring the right one for your business and for your goals. You should always hire people you feel comfortable working with, and it helps if they understand the type of business you are running.

If you don’t have clear objectives for your business, you need to think about this before you hire a PR agency. They can help you reach your goals and they can give you advice, but they won’t decide for you what you should do and where you should go with your business.

If you have clear goals, but you’re not sure how to achieve them, hiring a PR agency could be your best move.

• at August 21, 2018

Wow, thanks a lot! I do have some ideas, but I think I’ll need to define them more clearly before I think about hiring someone for public relations. I have no idea of how much it could cost, and my budget is not unlimited, but I think it could be helpful eventually.

• at August 21, 2018

I guess you can ask for quotes before you choose who you should hire. You should be able to find someone who will work within your budget, so don’t worry about it too much for now.