• at May 28, 2018

So, summer is pretty much there already, and I have an appointment at Tony Shamas Hair & Laser Salon in 1 week. I’m excited, I’ve been wanting to try out that place for some time now, but the problem is, I don’t know what to do with my hair!!

I have long brown hair, just a bit wavy, but I think I’m ready for some change. As many of you surely know, when you have long hair it can be hard to let go of it… I’d like to cut it shorter for the hot Toronto summer that’s coming, but I’m afraid I’ll miss my long hair if I do! My boyfriend and my friends are sick of hearing me talk about my hair, so I thought I’d turn to you guys for some inspiration and advice. What do you think I should do with my hair?

• at May 28, 2018

omg, I just checked their website and it looks like a great place! I think it’s cool that they offer hair removal on top of haircuts and all!

Anyway, if you don’t feel ready to cut your hair too short, maybe instead of going with a bob you could just have it cut a bit shorter?

• at May 28, 2018

I know right, it looks like a great place!

But I’m afraid if I only cut it a bit shorter, it won’t make much of a difference… I’m ready for change, just not too big of a change, you know?

• at May 28, 2018

Maybe you should go blonde! Have you ever thought of it? It’s a big change, but if ever you don’t like it you can just go back to brown with another visit at the hair salon! It’s easier than making hair grow back quickly.

Look at number 3 on this list of summer hairstyles… Isn’t she gorgeous?

• at May 29, 2018

She is, as always! Wow! I’m not sure I’d look this good with blonde wavy hair.

• at May 29, 2018

Come on! I’m sure it would look great on you! 😉

• at May 30, 2018

I never cut my hair in the summer. I know many girls like to cut it shorter when it gets hot outside, but I just tie it up in a bun and I’m ready to go. That’s not helpful if you really want a new hairstyle, though.

• at May 30, 2018

Personally I’m crazy about long, wavy mermaid hair! In the summer, I like to look like I’m spending all my days at the beach, even when it’s unfortunately not the case! Right now my hair is pastel pink and I absolutely LOVE IT.

• at May 30, 2018

Mermaid hair looks great! I like braids. Maybe I’d like to dye my hair red… Not too dark, but not too flashy either. I don’t know…

• at May 31, 2018

For me, summer means it’s time to get a bob! There are different types of bobs, my favourite are the graduated ones. I get one pretty much each summer and it feels SO good. I let my hair grow back during the colder months to keep my neck warm!

• at May 31, 2018

Have you thought about just going to your appointment, and asking your stylist to do whatever will fit with your face shape and your style? This is what they do best in my opinion! They help you find a hairstyle that will look great on you. The same haircut won’t look the same on everyone because of the shape of our face, and the type of our hair. You should ask your stylist to cut and color your hair in a way that’s really “you”.

• at May 31, 2018

That’s a good idea… I was hoping to get an idea of exactly what I want before going to the hair salon, but maybe just trusting them to do what’s best for my hair is a much better plan!

Thanks everyone for your advice! I’ll let you know how it goes!

• at June 1, 2018

You’re welcome! Enjoy your hair cut!