• at September 13, 2018

I’m looking for home security advice. What little (or even big) things should I do around the home to make it more difficult for a potential break-in? Any recs?

• at September 13, 2018

Your can start by getting yourself some effective locks. I suppose it doesn’t get more basic than that. To help ensure safety, invest in top quality locks. Industrial deadbolt locks are probably the strongest locks available, so you may want to install that.

• at September 13, 2018

I don’t have deadbolts. I guess I better have that put in.

• at September 13, 2018

You know your home best, so take a look at vulnerable places that could be an entry point for a burglar. The main thing is to look at all the main entrances. So, check the front and back doors and of course, the garage. Make sure to keep these places secure.

• at September 13, 2018

Make sure your doors are strong and cannot be easily broken. Make sure it has an eye viewer. If you have sliding doors, make sure to use something that keeps it secure, such as a wood bar.

• at September 13, 2018

If you have any valuables, whether it’s cash, jewelry, documents or anything else you need to be careful with, you should have a good hiding place for them. Many people use a safe to keep these things. If you have such items but do not have a safe, you should get one.

Another thing you should do is to record down all the serial numbers of valuable items that you possess. Many people don’t. This will come in really handy when it comes to insurance purposes, either for tracking or replacement.

• at September 13, 2018

I don’t have a safe either. Right now, most of my valuables are stored in a drawer that’s locked. I never thought the serial numbers, but that seems like a good suggestion.

• at September 13, 2018

You can do a few other things to keep your home safer and make it less of a target. For example, you can draw the blinds or curtains. This will stop burglars from creeping up and prying. Some of these burglars will get close to a window just so that they can look in. They aren’t really going to do anything. They are just studying, observing, calculating and scheming. Don’t give them this opportunity!

Keep curtains closed so the bad guys will go elsewhere. It’s a simple activity that does not take any time or effort.

• at September 13, 2018

Make sure fences, the garage, low windows and anything else you can think of is secure. If you can afford it, I suggest using someone like Lock-Up Services to install effective systems to protect your home.

Even if you don’t get an alarm system, you can ask them for the best advice for your circumstances. In the end, you just can’t beat the pros.

• at September 13, 2018

Okay, I will discuss this with the family and decide what to do.