• at August 29, 2018

Hi, my husband and I just moved into our very first home together, and we’re very excited! Now that we are well installed, we’re starting to think about what we will need in our new life in our new neighbourhood, and we’re making a list of all the stores and restaurants around, but mostly, the services we might need someday.

We both get easily distracted, and we are sure that one day or another we’re going to lock ourselves out of our house! In case this happens, we want to be able to call a reliable locksmith right away, so we thought we’d start looking for one in advance.

Does anyone have any tips on how to select a good locksmith?

• at August 29, 2018

You’re funny! And it’s true that it’s a good idea to know a reliable locksmith you can call whenever you need help, or whenever you want to cut a new key, or to change a lock.

I would say that a good idea would be to ask your friends and family if they have already used the services of a locksmith in your area. You can also go online, of course.

• at August 29, 2018

Ah, I know I’m funny, my husband says so as well, but he’s truly the funniest one! 😉

My family never called a locksmith, and we tried searching online and we visited a few different websites, but all those locksmiths are claiming to be the very best, you know, and we don’t want to have to try them all before we can feel perfectly safe about forgetting or losing our keys!

• at August 29, 2018

I think making a list of places and services you will need after a big move is a brilliant idea! I hope you enjoy your new homeowner life.

Since you can find information about each locksmith that serves your area by visiting their website, look for one that is well-established in your community. Make sure they are licensed, insured and bonded, and that they offer 24/7 emergency services.

If all seems good, you could try to find a few online reviews from their previous customers. This should help you make a good choice.

• at August 29, 2018

If you find a locksmith who seems experienced and reliable, you could ask them for a quote to see how much they charge for the kind of services you might need. Locksmiths can come to our rescue whenever we lock ourselves out of our home or car, but they can also cut keys, change locks, fix locks, rekey locks…

• at August 29, 2018

I wanted to try a locksmith once, to be sure I would feel good about calling them for help if ever I needed help. I visited them to get a new key cut (even though I didn’t even need a new spare key) and I just looked around the place, and talked with the staff…

I just had a bad feeling, I couldn’t explain it, I just didn’t like the vibe of the place, and the people I spoke with didn’t seem very friendly. Then the next week I got another spare key cut with another locksmith, and it was different, I felt good about their company so I kept their number. This is how I make choices!

• at August 29, 2018

And now you have many spare keys you don’t need! Can I have one? 😉

Thank you all for your tips, we finally called Bee Safe & Lock Inc for a quote, we loved their logo with a cute little bee and beehive and, of course, we thought they seemed very professional and reliable. We’ll be calling them if ever we have an emergency!

• at August 29, 2018

That’s great! And no lol, you can’t have any of my spare keys! 😛