• at August 20, 2018

My yard needs a serious makeover! Someone once told me that it was better to do landscaping work in the Spring, but I didn’t have time to think about landscape design or to hire a landscaping expert yet, I’ve been so busy with work and vacation planning.

Now that Summer is well installed and will, unfortunately, come to an end soon, is it too late to get someone to work on my landscape? Would it be better for me to wait for next Spring?

• at August 20, 2018

Don’t talk about the end of Summer approaching! It makes me sad! 🙁

• at August 20, 2018

I didn’t know Spring was the best time to work on your landscape… Why is that?

• at August 20, 2018

Well, I think it’s because when you plant new shrubs and trees during the Spring, they have the time to acclimate to their new environment and to grow and get healthy before winter comes.

I’m not sure though if it’s a good idea to plant new shrubs early Fall… Does anyone know?

• at August 20, 2018

I don’t think you have to wait until next spring to get your landscaping design and work done. Maybe it’s best to plant in the spring, but if you do it late summer or early fall, I’m sure your plants will be just fine! Especially if they are chosen and planted by experts, they should be just fine after a little winter beauty sleep.

• at August 20, 2018

I’ve heard that if you wanted to plant something, it was best to do it in the Spring, or in the Fall. If you do it in the Spring, like you mentioned, your plants will have time to get used to their new environment before winter comes.

Planting during the Summer is not the best idea, especially if the weather is very hot and very dry where you are. Heat and too much sunlight can stress the plants and make it difficult for them to acclimate to your yard.

In the Fall, temperatures are cooler and that’s good for the plants. So if you’re thinking about getting a new landscape, I’d say you should go ahead and start thinking about your design and about who you will hire right now!

• at August 20, 2018

Thank you, that’s very helpful!

I got in touch with Royal Decks, I found out my neighbour’s son works for them and it seems like they offer great services. Someone will come visit me soon for a consultation so we can discuss the whole project. I’m excited!

• at August 20, 2018

That’s great!

Do you have any idea of what you want to do to transform your yard? Or will you just trust the skills and expertise of the company you will hire?

It’s been so long since I did my new landscape, now I only have some maintenance work to do and it still looks good, but I’m getting tired of it to be honest… Maybe in a year or two, I’ll want to change things around.

• at August 20, 2018

I have a few ideas, but of course the final design will be discussed during my consultation with Royal Decks.

I do want a few new shade trees, and of course a new deck! There’s isn’t much space where we can sit and eat outside or just relax and enjoy our yard right now, so I think a beautiful deck will solve this problem.

• at August 20, 2018

It should! And with a brand new landscape, I’m sure you’ll want to spend a lot more time in your yard, so you might as well be comfortable!

• at August 20, 2018

Exactly! I’m looking forward to it.