• at August 9, 2018

Hey, I’m looking for some advice or recommendations on a reliable mover. My family and I are relocating to Toronto from Edmonton. I just got a job there and it has been pretty hectic lately. Can anyone suggest any movers?

The last thing I want is to have any problems. It is a long move and I would hate to have any squabbles with any company. I’d also hate to be taken for a ride. I have heard some horror stories about people moving. I’ve also seen a program on CBC where movers add extra weight on the information.

Any trustworthy, reputable movers you can suggest would be most appreciated. Thanks everyone. Looking forward to your responses.

• at August 9, 2018

Well done on the new job! My brother made the exact move years ago. He used Matco Moving Solutions and from what I know, he was pretty happy with the way things went. However, this was quite a number of years ago, but for what it’s worth, he said everything went well and he had no complaints.

• at August 9, 2018

Thank you for that feedback. Actually, I don’t mind that it was years ago that your brother moved. In a way, that kind of helps. At least it is a company that has been around for years. You tend to trust that a little more, right?

I would be hesitant to use someone who has been in business for a year and use a P.O. Box address. I’ll probably never see my belongings again!

• at August 9, 2018

Yeah, the old disappearing act. I only answered your post because of the similar move you are about to make. I have actually used Matco twice myself over the years, but they were both local moves, both within Edmonton.

The last time I moved was a couple of years ago. I must say that I was impressed with how professional they were. Their customer service is very good. That is something which is important to me. I hate dealing with people who have no people skills or people who are very abrupt.

• at August 9, 2018

For sure. I think most people want to be treated properly. Anyway, you are basically saying that you would suggest them for my move?

• at August 9, 2018

Oh yes, for sure.

• at August 9, 2018

I have used them too and I was quite happy with the way they handled everything, from start to finish. They were really very helpful. However, my move was also within the city. Let me put it this way though; if I moved again, I’d probably give Matco a call again. I can’t comment on a long-distance move. However, if my experience is anything to go by, I would think they would do a great job as well. Sometimes, a company just has certain standards and they stick to it. Look around for other companies by all means, but keep Matco on your list as well.

• at August 9, 2018

Yes, that is good advice. I will keep them in mind. I may still look around and get some quotes, but I’m happy with what I have heard so far. At least I have a good option to go with if I am pressed for time. Well, thank you everyone. Much appreciated.