• at October 21, 2018

We’ll be moving to a new place in a few weeks. I hate the work that goes with it, but it’s got to be done.

It’s stressful and frustrating as some of you may know. We’ve got 2 kids and they are at that age where they are both a bit of a handful. My wife and I both work full-time and we are both pretty stressed as it is.

Have any of you any experience in moving with kids? I would appreciate any advice on how to make this move as stress-free as possible. The last thing I need is for them to make it difficult and get on my nerves!

• at October 21, 2018

Oh dear! I don’t envy you. Been there, done that. Firstly, take it easy. I know it’s stressful, but try not to put too much pressure on yourself. Don’t feel like you have to do everything on your own. You can always get help.

For instance, your spouse or partner is there to help. Sharing that responsibility should make you feel less on edge. As for the kids, try food as a way of easing things. You can get them their favourite snacks, for example. On the big day, get them a takeaway that they enjoy. Hopefully, little things like that can go a long way, so that they don’t kick up a fuss.

• at October 21, 2018

That’s actually a very good idea. I’m usually really strict on their diets, but I’ll make one exception on moving day. That would keep them busy, at least for a while!

• at October 21, 2018

Kids like to play, so why not use that to your advantage? Keep them entertained and busy so they stay out of your hair. On the other hand, you could let them help you with little tasks and then reward them with some entertainment time. It may be a bit of a bribe, but so what? It’s not going to happen all the time, right?

• at October 21, 2018

To be honest, I’ll try anything and I’m not above “bribing” the kids for thei robedience. This move is actually to our dream home, so I will do anything to make it work and not ruin the big day.

• at October 21, 2018

Congratulations! Did you find it yourself or did you use an agent?

• at October 21, 2018

Oh, we could never have found this without the help of an agent. We’re both too busy. We used an agent from Chestnut Park and she was absolutely terrific. We would never have found this if it wasn’t for her personalized service.

• at October 21, 2018

Since there are two of you, perhaps one of you can just handle the movers and all associated tasks. Then the other can just take care of the kids. Each of your jobs become easier if you divide it like that.

• at October 21, 2018

I was thinking of handling the moving myself, while my wife takes care of the kids. She’s the disciplinarian, so they won’t misbehave!

• at October 21, 2018

You could also delegate some work to the kids. Then afterwards, you can reward them with something they want. Let them know beforehand. If they help with some tasks, you will take them to McDonalds or KFC or something like that.