• at August 15, 2018

I have been in debt for years and I just cannot seem to dig myself out of this hole. I am desperate and just so fed up with it all. I am sure many of you can relate to this. Can anybody offer me some good advice on how to get out of debt? Can you recommend someone that I can see or speak with?

I don’t want to see any loan sharks or borrow from some institution to pay off the debt only to find that I would be in a worse position. I feel like I am in a glass hole and someone has poured grease into the hole. Life is getting unbearable and it just feels like it is no longer worth the hassle.

• at August 15, 2018

Listen, I know it is hard, but please don’t do anything drastic. Like you say, many of us have been through this, myself included. I have made a lot of progress and I should be debt-free in about a year! I am here to tell you it can be done. It is tough and there may not appear to be a light at the end of the tunnel, but trust me, it is there.

• at August 15, 2018

No, I won’t do anything drastic. I guess I was angry and upset when I posted. I just feel so helpless all the time. Sometimes, I look at something and I want it, but I know I can’t afford it. It would just put me in greater debt. So, how did you manage to gain control of your debt? Did you come up with a plan?

• at August 15, 2018

I tried on my own but it seemed impossible. That’s when I felt like what you’re feeling right now. I spoke to a friend who suggested I see a professional for financial advice. One of the best things I ever did! I managed to turn my life around. I’m still in debt, but now, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting pretty blinding!

• at August 15, 2018

Who did you see?

• at August 15, 2018

Are you in Dartmouth?

• at August 15, 2018

My friend suggested contacting Credit Counselling Services of Atlantic Canada and I thought I had nothing to lose anymore. You probably can relate to this feeling. I am so glad I did because they helped me to rebuild my life again.

They gave me solutions that were tailored just for me. I could deal with things. They gave me sound advice. They took the time to explain everything to me, what options were available and what would be the best one for me to take.

• at August 15, 2018

And you would recommend them to me?

• at August 15, 2018

Oh yes, absolutely. Besides, what’s the harm in contacting them? It’s up to you to decide whether you want to move forward with it or not. I acted on my friend’s suggestion. Since I have personally used their services, I can suggest them to you wholeheartedly.

• at August 15, 2018

Oh my god, I hope you can help me! Can I PM you? I’d like to maybe speak with you more, but maybe not here? If that’s OK with you?

• at August 15, 2018

Sure, not a problem.

• at August 15, 2018

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!