• at August 21, 2018

So it’s gonna be time for those summer vacations in just a few days! The kids are excited as always, but my boyfriend and I are still trying to work out all the final details of our next adventure…

We were wondering if it was a good idea to rent a car to make it easier for us to visit the different things we want to see, or if it was a better option to reply on public transportation.

The thing is, we both heard a few scary stories about car rental companies, and we’re not sure about renting a car… What do you guys think? Have you ever rented a car, and did it go well?

• at August 21, 2018

I’ve never rented a car before, but my friend has and she had no problem, the car she was driving was gorgeous – she sent me a few pics of her in the car! – and she enjoyed driving it across country.

If you think renting a car will make your vacation time more exciting, I say you should go for it!

• at August 21, 2018

Summer vacations rule!!

Where are you going? I guess car rental companies are more reliable in some countries than in others, so it’s wise to make your research before you leave and reach your destination!

• at August 21, 2018

I already rented a car for my vacations, a few times already… Everything went fine, I had great service, and even though I ended up scratching the car because of a minor accident I got involved in (woops!) well no one got mad at me, and I didn’t have to pay an extra for the damage I’ve caused…

I’m not sure what sort of things can go wrong when you rent a car?

• at August 21, 2018

We’re going to Germany! My boyfriend has German ancestry and we decided it was time to go visit the country of his ancestors. We’ll spend 2 weeks there.

It’s great that no one got mad at you for accidentally scratching your rental car! As for the things I’ve heard, well some people rented a car, and when they got there they were offered a different car, not at all the one they had chosen online or over the phone!

Others were told they had to pay for damage that was already there when they first saw their rental car… Things like that! My boyfriend heard a few horror stories from his friends as well… We just want to be sure no bad surprises will ruin our vacations, you know!

• at August 21, 2018

It’s always a good idea to go explore the land of your ancestors! I recommend Discount Car, they have locations all over the world so you can surely find them in Germany. I’ve rented cars from them on different occasions, a moving truck as well, and they always delivered good service for affordable prices.

I’m pretty sure you can’t go wrong with them!

• at August 21, 2018

That sounds great, good service and affordable prices are what I’m always looking for!

I’ve just thought of something though… Will our driver’s licences be valid outside of Canada? Does anyone know that?

• at August 21, 2018

Humm, no idea… I guess you might have to apply for some sort of international driver’s licence? But if you’re leaving for your vacations soon maybe you wouldn’t have time to get one, I don’t know…

• at August 21, 2018

Oh, nevermind that, my boyfriend said he had a solution to that… Not sure what he meant, but I’ll just have to trust him!

Well thanks everyone for your replies, I think we’ll follow our original idea and rent a car, hopefully all goes well!