• at August 8, 2018

Has anyone else heard that scanning business documents to turn them into electronic documents was a good way to make your business more efficient? Apparently there are companies that offer this service, and they scan your documents for you so you can have high quality electronic files.

I’m wondering if this could be a good idea for my small business, but then… What do you do with your electronic documents when you have them? You just keep them in a big folder in your computer? Does anyone know? I’m a bit confused…

• at August 8, 2018

I think the biggest benefit of scanning your documents is that you can then get rid of most of your paper documents, so you can save a lot of space that you can use for something else than paper document storage.

And yes, when you have your scanned documents you store them in your computer so it’s easier to find the document you’re looking for, that’s also another big advantage, you don’t have to browse through a file cabinet just to find the bit of info you need.

• at August 8, 2018

After all your documents have been scanned, finding a provider of electronic document storage services is the next step. Instead of just keeping your documents on the hard drive of one computer, it makes more sense to store them in the Cloud. This way, you will be able to access them from any computer or mobile device, no matter where you are. You will also be able to share them with your employees.

Document storage solutions are designed to keep your documents secure, and to keep them well organized too. This means it will be easy to find what you’re looking for, when you need it, and you’ll also be sure that the info you keep will always be up to date, and no doubles!

• at August 8, 2018

Ok, that sounds nice… I’ve heard a bit about the Cloud before, although I’m not sure where I would get started if I wanted to store anything there.

You seem to know a lot about this. Could you recommend someone to handle this for me? A friend gave me the name of a company that could scan my documents for me, but I’m not sure if the quote they gave me was very accurate…

• at August 8, 2018

I hired CASNET, they offer different services and they could probably help you out.

• at August 8, 2018

Ok, thanks a lot! I’ll check out their website and ask them for a quote.

• at August 8, 2018

I’m not sure to understand what you’re talking about? What kind of documents do you want to scan? Isn’t it more trouble than to just keep the paper documents if you already have them stored somewhere?

• at August 8, 2018

Businesses can scan documents such as financial records, accounts payable and receivable, contracts, inventory data, and more… Any paper document that is useful to their business operations, or that has been useful at some point but needs to be archived.

If you have a lot of documents that need to be archived in file cabinets or boxes, for example, having them scanned and store digitally will allow you to get rid of all those paper documents that you’re not using daily, so you can save a lot of space in your office.

• at August 8, 2018

So it’s really useful to save up office space? And I guess you end up recycling those paper documents you’re not using anymore too?

• at August 8, 2018

Yes, of course! You have them destroyed in a secure way, and then you recycle them.

The whole process can help businesses boost their efficiency, so it’s worth considering it if you’re a business owner. Plus having your documents in the Cloud instead of keeping them in boxes really makes them more accessible, and it’s so convenient!