• at August 1, 2018

We’ve had our air conditioner for a few years now, but this summer I feel like it’s just not as efficient as it used to be… I think something’s wrong with it, but I’m not sure what…

I’m looking for some advice. Should we just purchase a new air conditioning system, or is it possible to get it repaired? Perhaps more importantly, would buying a new system cost more than getting our old one repaired by professionals?

• at August 1, 2018

That’s hard to say, since we don’t know either what’s wrong with your air conditioner! I bought one this Spring and it really wasn’t that expensive, so maybe you should consider doing that…

Whatever you do, stay cool out there!!

• at August 1, 2018

Where did you purchase your current air conditioning system? Maybe you still have a guarantee for it, or maybe the company offers maintenance and repairs.

I think it’s worth checking if they do, it could simplify things for you and you could save some cash too in the end.

I don’t recommend trying to repair it on your own! I’ve already tried that and it was a really, really bad idea…

• at August 1, 2018

I see… No, I’d never dare trying to repair it on my own! I’m not good with my hands, and whenever I have no idea what I’m doing well… I just don’t do it! If we get it repaired we’ll bring it to professionals.

I have no idea where it comes from, it was actually a gift from my mother-in-law who wasn’t using it anymore…

• at August 1, 2018

How old is your air conditioner? I think if it’s 10 years old or more, it’s a better idea to just get rid of it and buy a new one. They’re more efficient and less expensive than they used to be for sure!

• at August 1, 2018

You should get in touch with Climate Experts like I did last summer. They should be able to give you an estimate of how much it would cost for your air conditioning repair, and they’ll let you know if they think you would be better off buying a new system.

Also, if the costs of repairing it is almost as expensive as simply buying a new one, I’d say it’s worth the investment to get a newer model, especially if yours is getting old.

I hope that helps!

• at August 1, 2018

Thanks for the advice, I’ll have some pros check it out and tell me what they think…

If we choose to get it repaired though, do you think it would be long? It’s really hot these days, and I guess I’d rather have an old air conditioner that isn’t working so well, than no air conditioner at all!

• at August 1, 2018

That depends on who you call to do the job, and how busy they are… If you’re afraid you’ll melt without your air conditioner, maybe you could just wait until the temperature drops a little before getting it repaired or replaced!

You’ll be able to keep your home much cooler with an efficient air conditioner, though, so maybe you should do it as soon as possible, even if it takes some time before everything is in order… It’s up to you, really!

• at August 1, 2018

Ah, yeah… Thank you!

I’ll call Climate Experts, I see that they have an office close to where I live. We’ll see what they can do!

I can’t stand extreme heat, so I really need good air conditioning… Seriously, I get crazy migraines when it’s too hot! It can get hard for me to enjoy summer, sometimes…

• at August 1, 2018

Ouch! That’s not fun… Well I hope you can get your air conditioner repaired quickly, or that you’ll be able to find a new one for a great price if ever you need to replace it!

• at August 1, 2018

Thank you! 🙂