• at August 16, 2018

Hello! My boyfriend and I are currently living together in an old apartment in Toronto, but our dream is to buy a condo downtown.

Do some of you live in Toronto? Do you have any advice for us? My family is not really supportive of my idea to buy a condo and my friends don’t have any comments about it, so I’m looking for advice from people who will cheer for us!

• at August 16, 2018

It’s great that you’re ready to make your dream come true! Are you ready to search for a condo right now, or are you planning to do this in a few years?

Living in Downtown Toronto is exciting, I’m sure you’ll love it! I don’t know much about condos, however.

• at August 16, 2018

Are you sure you want to buy a condo? I think in many situations, renting a condo makes more sense than buying it. Sure, renting a condo or an apartment might feel like you are throwing away your money, but in reality, a lot of additional fees come with condo ownership.

Renting might be a smarter and more affordable option for you. There’s also the fact that the value of condos is never really going up, so let’s say that after a few years you want to sell your condo and to move elsewhere, you might be disappointed by how much you will make.

• at August 16, 2018

My boyfriend and I have steady incomes, so I think we can afford it. This is what my parents keep telling me, that we should just stick to renting, but we’ve discussed it and we’re ready do become condo owners.

We made our research and we’ll get in touch with Reza Afshar soon. Many people are saying he’s the best realtor in Toronto, so we feel pretty confident about doing business with him.

• at August 16, 2018

I live in Toronto, and I know there are many new condos downtown. I think living downtown is great, as you’re really in the heart of the city, but in my opinion it’s not the best place to be if you’re thinking about starting a family!

Maybe that’s just me, though. I prefer living in a more quiet neighbourhood, and my kids are not complaining about it even though they love going downtown to shop and eat out.

• at August 16, 2018

Before you buy a condo, be sure you know everything there is to know about maintenance fees, and the different rules of the property.

It will be a big investment, and it never hurts to be well informed before you go ahead with the transaction. You want to make sure the condo you are buying is the right one, and that you agree with any rules in place.

• at August 16, 2018

Personally, one thing that I don’t like about condos is neighbours… I’m having trouble with my new neighbours, they just can’t seem to be reasonable and they listen to their music way too loud, all the time!

I keep complaining to management, but it never solves the problem. My advice to you is: be the type of neighbour you would like to have!

• at August 16, 2018

Yeah, I have some noisy neighbours at the moment, so I hope my condo neighbours will be nice folks who respect the people living next to them!

I’ll be sure to ask about maintenance fees and rules, thanks for the tips.

• at August 16, 2018

There’s a lot of things you need to inquire about before buying a condo. However, if you’re going to work with an experienced real estate agent who is used to working with condo buyers and sellers, he should be able to answer all your questions and to let you know all the important information you need to know.

Good luck with your new adventure!

• at August 16, 2018

Thanks a lot!