• at August 18, 2018

My family and I are going to go to India for the very first time. We are all super excited. We’ll be there for a little over 2 weeks. I have been doing a little research but would appreciate any feedback from the experienced travellers out there. I certainly want to go to Rajasthan. Can anyone recommend other places?

I don’t wish to do much air travel within the country. I read that car trips can take really long, but apparently, it is also a great way to go. Is this true? Any advice from you would be most welcome. Thank you in advance.

• at August 18, 2018

You can spend several days in the cities of Rajasthan, then you can visit neighbouring Uttar Pradesh where you must visit Agra, of course. You go by car but I suggest you take the train. India is not the easiest of places to drive and certainly not for a first time visitor. It can be pretty chaotic and daunting!

• at August 18, 2018

Why did you say you were not willing to fly within the country? Just curious.

• at August 18, 2018

Thank you for the advice! Yes, I have seen how crazy it can be on the streets on the TV. Perhaps you are right. If I was alone, I would go for it, but since the family is coming, maybe I’ll leave it.

I did not want to take a flight within India because I heard from a friend that he had a bad experience on board the plane. The seat in front of him became unhinged or something and hurt his shin. Apparently, the crew seemed nonchalant about the whole thing.

• at August 18, 2018

Oh I see. Well, perhaps it was a one-off? Well, don’t be too quick to discount it. If you are open to taking flights, I think you may really enjoy your trip more. Ask your travel agent for advice on flights. Who are you using?

• at August 18, 2018

I am using Tour East Holidays. I’ve used them before and was really happy. Hopefully, I can get a good deal!

• at August 18, 2018

Hey, you never know! Anyway, if you are willing to take flights, I can suggest something my husband and I did a year ago. We really had a great time. You can arrive in Delhi and do some sightseeing. Then you can fly to Varanasi. After more sightseeing, you can take the train to Agra. Obviously, you know which is the first place in Agra to visit!

From Agra, you can go to Ranthambore. Be careful! The wildlife sanctuary is famous for its magnificent Bengal tigers. I heard it was the best place in India to see tigers and boy, we were not disappointed!

From there, you can go to Jaipur. This city is a popular tourist destination. If you have time, you should make your way to Jodhpur which has several tourist attractions. You can enjoy fairs and festivals and visit many temples.

• at August 18, 2018

Oh I say, that’s very good of you! Thank you for that. I will print this out. I am going to contact my agent later. This info could not have come at a better time. Thank you so much!

• at August 18, 2018

Most welcome. Enjoy your trip. Namaste!