• at August 16, 2018

My partner and I are going to Thailand in a few months. Neither one of us has been there before, so we are obviously very excited!

Have any of you been there before? It would be lovely to hear from those of you with first-hand experience so that I can pick up some pointers and tips.

• at August 16, 2018

I’m sure you’re going to love Thailand! I went there last October. We used a travel agency called Gaba Travel and they really took care of my family & me. Things couldn’t have gone better for us.

One very important thing you will be doing every single day is eat! You’re going to love the Thai cuisine (and gain a lot of weight, but that’s a different story…) In my opinion, the Thai food we get here in Canada is just not the same thing. It just tasted more authentic.

• at August 16, 2018

Totally agree on the food being the best part. You may be used to some Thai food here, but it is basically the same old thing with some popular dishes. Over there, there is so much to choose from. The variety is just to die for.

• at August 16, 2018

The nice thing about Thailand and Thai food is that you can get some incredible food right in the streets. You can go to a restaurant but you don’t need to. The street food alone is amazing.

• at August 16, 2018

Oh my god, I’m getting hungry thanks to you.

• at August 16, 2018

Depending on when you go, I think you will enjoy the weather. Unlike the freezing temperatures we have to endure for months on end, in Thailand, you can be in a T-shirt and shorts at any time of the year. I really enjoyed that.

We went during our winter, so it was nice to get away from the cold. Luckily, we also went at a time when we missed a lot of rain. It rains a lot in November there.

• at August 16, 2018

Thanks. I’ll keep that it mind. I think we will probably give the rain a miss too. I don’t mind, except if it rains every day, it can be a bit of a drag. It’s nice to just be free and enjoy the sunshine and T-shirt weather.

• at August 16, 2018

I found the Thai people to be quite friendly and helpful. They seem to like us tourists!

• at August 16, 2018

We went to Thailand too! It was quite affordable compared to other East Asian countries like Japan or South Korea. Even the hotels are super affordable, or you can stay in the guesthouses. Ask your travel agent about this.

If you can, visit Phuket. It’s one of those essential places that you must go if you visit Thailand.

• at August 16, 2018

This is great stuff! Thanks you guys. I am really excited, and looking forward to my trip even more after reading this!