• at October 9, 2018

My old motorcycle is starting to cost me a lot of money in maintenance and repairs, so I’ve been thinking about buying a new one.

I saw they were selling many used motorcycles on GP Bikes’ website, and I’m wondering if it could be a good idea. I’m afraid I might not save that much money in the end, if the used motorcycle I buy ends up needing costly repairs…

Do you think it’s a good idea to buy a used motorcycle?

• at October 9, 2018

Personally I don’t think so. You might feel like you’re getting a good bargain, but as you said maybe that used bike will end up costing you as much as your old one.

I would say it’s best to go with a brand new one. Might cost more, but at least you shouldn’t have any bad surprises.

• at October 9, 2018

I never bought a used motorcycle before, but I already bought a used car and I think it’s a good idea. As long as you make sure you’re buying one that’s in good condition, that’s been inspected and all, you should be just fine!

So my advice would be: don’t just buy the first used motorcycle you see, make some research and ask a lot of questions so you can know exactly what you’ll be paying for.

A friend of mine already bought a used car from one of his neighbours, and he didn’t have it inspected, he just decided to trust his neighbour, but it was a mistake in the end! As long as you’re careful and smart, I think buying used is a good way to save money.

• at October 9, 2018

Makes sense. I guess I can inspect the motorcycle myself, or would I need to ask a mechanic to do it for me? Of course I wouldn’t just order a used motorcycle online, I’d like to be able to see it first and take it for a ride.

• at October 9, 2018

Yeah, I think buying used can be a good idea if you’re careful. I guess buying a used motorcycle from GP Bikes you should have nothing to fear, but of course you have to try it out to see if you like it and if it’s the right one for you.

If you know motorcycles a little, I guess you don’t need to have a mechanic inspect it for you. Just take a good look at it, see if it has any scratches. If some parts look like they’ve just been replaced, ask a few questions. Maybe the motorcycle has been involved in an accident, and has been recently repaired. Ask questions about its history.

If all seems fine, ask if you can take the motorcycle for a test ride. As you ride it, pay attention to the sounds it makes, and if anything sounds weird or unusual to you… beware!

• at October 9, 2018

Pretty much everything I buy, I buy it used! I got a used motorcycle last year because I wanted to learn to ride with my friends, just to have fun! Well I wasn’t too sure at first what I was getting myself into, but that used motorcycle turned out to be a great one!

So if I were you I’d go ahead and buy that used motorcycle you want!

• at October 9, 2018

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I guess I’ll go ahead and get in touch with GP Bikes to ask about the one I really like. I’ll be careful of course, but I feel like they can be trusted.

• at October 9, 2018

That’s great! Enjoy your purchase!