• at November 14, 2018

I am going to buy a new vacuum cleaner soon. I’ve never bought one before, so I’m not too sure what to look for. What I do know is that I don’t want a fancy one with bells and whistles. A simple, affordable vacuum cleaner that does its job is perfectly fine with me.

So, I’m turning to you guys for help. Help me buy my next vacuum cleaner! Thanks!

• at November 14, 2018

I think it may be a little difficult to answer your question without knowing more information about your situation. How do you intend to use it? By that I mean, do you have wall-to-wall carpeting, or do you also intend to use it on non-carpeted surfaces?

• at November 14, 2018

Ah, I actually have both. I have a rather large rug and various smaller rugs. I also have bare floors.

If possible, I’d also like a smaller vacuum cleaner that can perform other smaller tasks such as cleaning the back of my computer. In other words, I would want something that is pretty versatile.

• at November 14, 2018

You may want to even consider getting yourself a couple vacuum cleaners then. A bigger one for around the house, and then a smaller one for those little jobs. Smaller vacuums are great because they are portable and so convenient.

I would suggest you try a place like Vacuum Warehouse because you can get some great deals there. Sometimes you can get stuff that is $200 off the original price! I bought mine there and I was thrilled to get a great deal.

• at November 14, 2018

Holy cow! $200 off? Are you sure? I have to check that out. That’s a lot of savings.

• at November 14, 2018

You bet. They have all kinds of other stuff too. You can get great deals on other things as well. Make sure you tell them how you intend to use your vacuum cleaner. Explain your situation.

The customer service there is very good. Their staff will help you find something that is perfect for you. Tell them about the little jobs you intend to do, like cleaning your computer.

Make sure to ask about accessories. If you explain how you intend to use it, they can help you pick appropriate accessories so that your cleaning job is done easily and efficiently.

• at November 14, 2018

Yes, I will. Wow, thanks for this information. This is really useful.

• at November 14, 2018

Nowadays, the newest vacuum cleaners come with all kinds of functions and features that could confuse the technically-challenged person. There are bagless vacuums and bagged vacuums. I’ve had both before and my preference is for the ones with bags.

• at November 14, 2018

Smaller, portable vacuums have batteries. If you get a larger one, check out the length of the cord. Make sure you measure your living room to see if the cord can stretch from one end to the other. If you get a portable vacuum, find out how long you can use it before you need to recharge.

• at November 14, 2018

Ask about vacuum bags and if they sell replacement bags. Sometimes you can get them on places like Amazon, but check with them first.