• at April 28, 2018

DO NOT BUY.

To be honest, I should just end the review there. I haven’t felt this much regret over a purchase in a very long time. Not only was it crazy expensive, but it’s hard to customize, so many features are missing, and I keep pressing the wrong buttons because I have fat fingers and the buttons are too small. An hour into wearing my new Apple Watch and I can’t see myself ever wearing it again. I thought it would be so cool to check my e-mail messages and monitor my fitness on my wrist, but none of these minor features are worth the trouble. Serves me right for following a fad.

• at April 29, 2018

As the biggest Apple fanboy on these forums, I am outraged and offended. There’s no way the watch is THAT bad.

An hour is too short to fully explore all the functionalities of the watch. I admit, Apple Watch didn’t have the most perfect launch, but they made a lot of serious upgrades since then and what you’re describing doesn’t seem to match the current state of the product. Are you sure you’re using everything correctly?

• at April 29, 2018

Why did you want to buy one in the first place? The reviews didn’t look that good. There isn’t anything too appealing about wearing a watered down iPhone on your wrist, IMO.

• at April 29, 2018

Okay, what is going on? Are you guys Samsung employees or something? Do you have a new smartwatch you have to push? Is that why you are so eager to attack the Apple Watch???

This is one of the most useful and innovative technologies that Apple has launched in its history. The positive reviews FAR outweigh the negative ones, as you can see here and here and here. You people have no idea what you’re talking about. Your opinions are reading misguided and a little suspicious, if I’m being honest.

• at April 30, 2018

Or maybe they just aren’t fans of the product? It’s not that impossible to think they just didn’t like the Apple Watch…

• at April 30, 2018

I actually really liked my Apple Watch. It has a lot of cool features. My only complaint is that it’s just too expensive. It’s not the most accessible price for everyone. If they lowered the price by around ~$100, it would be even better.

• at May 1, 2018

How long before they release the Apple Watch 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8th generation within the next few years?

• at May 1, 2018

They already released the Apple Watch 3 last September. That’s the one I currently have. And I don’t see the “upgrades” that Colin was boasting about, but whatever. The watch is already back in the box. I might just give it to my brother for a birthday present or something, maybe he’ll appreciate it more than me.

• at May 1, 2018

Wow. They’re already on their third generation? I’m so behind the times. Apple moves FAST.

• at May 1, 2018

Gotta milk the franchise for all its worth, I guess.

• at May 2, 2018

APPLE WATCH 3 REVIEWS:

The Apple Watch 3 (or Apple Watch Series 3 if you’re being particular) isn’t just an evolution of the Watch 2 … it’s a direct replacement that’s come curiously early, as Apple looks to keep momentum for its wearable.

All told, the Apple Watch Series 3 feels like two separate devices. When it’s used as a traditional smartwatch — by which I mean it’s connected to, and in range of a phone — it’s the best wearable Apple has ever made. Performance is much improved, battery life is strong, and watch OS 4 feels notably more thoughtful than earlier builds. Some of that polish fades when using the Watch as a standalone device, though. When everything works the way it’s supposed to, the Series 3 is a capable watch-phone hybrid. Unfortunately, wireless performance can be inconsistent and the toll it takes on the battery can be tough to swallow, especially when the feature will cost you $10/month.

My takeaway after two-plus weeks with the latest smartwatch Apple has to offer is that it isn’t trying to convince the world that everyone needs a smartwatch. Instead, the improvements here make the smartwatch experience better for those that have already converted.

The Apple Watch saw its best ever quarter in terms of sales in the first quarter of 2018, with the Apple Watch Series 3 selling at twice the volume of the Series 2 compared to this time last year.

But while Apple Watch’s battery is a good deal smaller than most of its competitors’, it pretty much blows them all away. With a phone nearby most of the time, I breezed through a full day and most of a second. That includes wearing it while I slept, making calls, checking scores, responding to messages, getting directions—all of the usual things you’d do while wearing it. While Series 3 might pale in comparison to Fitbit Ionic’s four- to five- day battery life, OG Apple Watch upgraders will surely see a nice boost in battery life.

You can think what you want about the watch, but the experts have spoken. I rest my case.

• at May 2, 2018

Some people like the Apple Watch. Other people don’t. Why is that so hard for you to accept? Are all Apple fanboys like this?